EpiIntegrity Powder promotes broad-spectrum gastrointestinal (G.I.) integrity support by targeting healthy modulation of mucosal immune responses, microbiome environment, mucosal protection and epithelial cell health. The modulation may be indicated when addressing immune balance in the G.I. tract.
- L-glutamine is an essential fuel for enterocytes (cells that line the small intestine and colon), supporting cellular renewal, glutathione production and healthy tissue repair while also promoting healthy villous function.
- Arabinogalactan is a prebiotic fiber found in high concentrations in North American larch trees. It may increase the concentration of beneficial bacteria, such as Bacteroidetes and Faecalibacterium prausnitzii. Beneficial microflora is crucial for proper gut-associated lymphoid tissue function and development. Arabinogalactan may promote immune cell function.
- Perilla supports cytokine homeostasis of the G.I. mucosal tissue. Perilla may also help maintain cytokine balance and stabilize mast cells.
- Astragalus promotes cytokine balance and supports macrophage, natural killer cell and T-cell activity. Adaptogens like astragalus support physiological and cellular homeostasis and have positive effects on immune function and antioxidant defenses.
- Deglycyrrhizinated licorice maintains intestinal comfort by supporting the protective mucosal lining.