60 tablets – Proprietary herbal blend 675 mg.
Marigold (Calendula Officinalis – flower), goldenseal (Hydrastis Canadensis – root), licorice (glycyrrhiza glabra – root), slippery elm (Ulmus fulva – bark), white oak (Quercus robur – bark), yellow gentian (Gentiana lutea – root), witch hazel (hamamelis virginiana – leaf)
Other ingredients: Di-calcium phosphate, stearic acid, cellulose, silicon dioxide, croscarmellose sodium, magnesium stearate, acacia gum, ethylcellulose
Doesn’t contain yeast, soy, corn, wheat, barley, starch, milk, sugar, coloring, preservatives
Gastric support is a composition of different herbs that are compiled for their regenerative and preventive uses.
- Marigold is a plant used to prevent muscle spasms, start menstrual periods and reduce fever, as well as treat sore throat and mouth, menstrual cramps, cancer and stomach and duodenal ulcers. It is thought that its chemical can help new tissue grow in wounds and decrease swelling in the mouth and throat.
- Goldenseal contains the chemical berberine that might have effects against bacteria and fungi and has properties that can lower blood pressure and improve irregular heartbeats. Early research suggests that it can lower blood sugar and “bad” low-density lipoprotein cholesterol. Goldenseal is used to treat the common cold and other upper respiratory tract infections, as well as stuffy nose and hay fever. It is also used for digestive disorders including stomach pain and gastritis, peptic ulcers, colitis, diarrhea, constipation, hemorrhoids and intestinal gas, as well as UTIs, internal bleeding, bleeding after childbirth, liver disorders, cancer, chronic fatigue syndrome, jaundice, gonorrhea, fever, pneumonia, malaria, whooping cough, anorexia, vaginal pain and swelling and menstrual period problems.
- Licorice has chemicals that are through to decrease swelling, thin mucus secretions, decrease cough and increase the chemicals in the body that heal ulcers. It is used for various digestive system complaints, including stomach ulcers, heartburn, colic and chronic gastritis, as well as sore throat, bronchitis, cough and infections caused by bacteria or viruses. It is also used for osteoarthritis, systemic lupus erythematosus, liver disorders, malaria, tuberculosis, food poisoning and chronic fatigue syndrome. Licorice is sometimes used with herbs Panax ginseng and Bupleurum falcatum to improve the function of the adrenal glands, especially in people who have taken steroid drugs long-term. It is also used in an herbal form called Shakuyaku-kanzo-to to increase fertility in women with polycystic ovary syndrome and to treat cancer and eczema.
- Slippery elm contains chemicals that can help soothe sore throats and cause mucous secretion to help stomach and intestinal problems. It is used for coughs, sore throat, colic, diarrhea, constipation, hemorrhoids, irritable bowel syndrome, bladder and UTIs, syphilis, herpes and to expel tapeworms, as well as for ulcers, diverticulitis, GI inflammation, too much stomach acid and to protect against stomach and duodenal ulcers. It can be taken by mouth to cause an abortion.
- White oak bark, which contains tannins, is used as a tea for diarrhea, colds, fever, cough and bronchitis, as well as to stimulate appetite and improve digestion.
- Yellow gentian is used for digestion problems, including loss of appetite, fullness, intestinal gas, diarrhea, gastritis, heartburn and vomiting, as well as fever, hysteria and high blood pressure. It is also used to prevent muscle spasms, treat parasitic worms, start menstrual periods and kill germs.
- Witch hazel is taken by mouth for diarrhea, mucus colitis, vomiting or coughing blood, tuberculosis, colds, fevers, tumors and cancer. Witch hazel, which contains tannins, might help reduce swelling, repair broken skin and fight bacteria when applied directly to the skin.