Lactobacillus plantarum, lactobacillus sporogenes, lactobacillus salivarius, lactobacillus acidophilus, bifidobacterium longum, Jerusalem artichoke, lactoferrin
This supplement promotes a healthy digestive system by improving intestinal balance in the body. Your gastrointestinal (GI) tract is made up of a specific balance of “good” and “bad” bacteria; this balance is vital to your GI tract’s optimal functioning, but it’s easy to disrupt with unhealthy processed diets, use of antibiotics and stress. An unbalanced digestive tract can lead to many uncomfortable systems, including indigestion, stomach pain, constipation, diarrhea and inflammatory bowel syndrome.
With several probiotic sources, the increase in flora provided by Probiotic benefits your GI tract; it aids in the relief of the aforementioned symptoms, it promotes the productions of digestive enzymes that help the digestive process and it may decrease the symptoms related to lactose intolerance.
- Lactobacillus plantarum may help reduce the symptoms of certain digestive problems such as diarrhea and irritable bowel syndrome. It may also reduce bloating and promote overall digestive health.
- Lactobacillus sporogenes supports the growth of beneficial flora in the GI tract. It is resistant to heat and low pH levels.
- Lactobacillus salivarious promotes healthy bacterium levels.
- Lactobacillus acidophilus has the ability to break down the food you eat during digestion. It helps produce lactic acid that fights against “bad” bacterium in the GI tract.
- Bifidobacterium longum converts sugar into lactic acid. There are indications that it can provide additional immune system benefits, reduce constipation and lessen inflammation resulting in inflammatory bowel conditions. It has also been used to help prevent traveler’s diarrhea.
- Jerusalem artichoke is a prebiotic that acts as food and nourishment for the probiotics.
- Lactoferrin is a type of protein that is believed to reduce stomach issues such as diarrhea. It is also used to support the immune system due to its antioxidant properties.