60 tablets – Proprietary Blend 852 mg.
Senna (leaf), cascara sagrada (bark), rhubarb (root), asparagus (root), celery (seed), cranberry juice, Irish moss, parsley (leaf), spinach (leaf), uva ursi (leaf)
Other ingredients: Cellulose, croscarmellose sodium, dicalcium phosphate, stearic acid, silicon dioxide, magnesium stearate, gum acacia
Doesn’t contain yeast, soy, corn, wheat, barley, starch, sugar, milk, coloring, preservatives
Vegetable laxatives are a natural herbal combination, free from harsh, irritating chemicals, blended for soothing beneficial action to alleviate the distress of constipation. It is formulated to serve as a laxative to aid in stimulating bowel movements.
- Senna is an FDA-approved nonprescription laxative that contains chemicals called sennosides, which irritate the lining of the bowel. It used to treat constipation and to clear the bowel before diagnostic tests such as a colonoscopy.
- Cascara sagrada contains chemicals that stimulate the bowel and have a laxative effect, and it is used for constipation and treatment for gallstones, liver ailments and cancer.
- Rhubarb is used for digestive complaints, including constipation, diarrhea, heartburn, stomach pain, gastrointestinal bleeding and preparation for certain GI diagnostic procedures. It is also used to lessen the strain during bowel movements, which reduces pain from hemorrhoids or tears in the skin lining the anal fissures. It also contains several chemicals to help heal cold sores.
- Celery is used to treat joint pain, gout, hysteria, nervousness, headache, weight loss due to malnutrition, loss of appetite and exhaustion, as well as to promote relaxation and sleep, to kill bacteria in the urinary tract, as a digestive aid and for regulating bowel movements, to start menstruation, to control flatulence, to increase sexual desire, to reduce the flow of breast milk, to stimulate glands, to treat menstrual discomfort and for blood purification.
- Cranberry juice contains significant amounts of salicylic acid, which can reduce swelling, prevent blood clots and have anti-tumor effects. It is used to prevent and treat UTIs, as well as for kidney stones, neurogenic bladder, to deodorize urine in people with difficulty controlling urination and to heal skin around surgical openings in the stomach that are used to eliminate urine. It also helps increase urine flow, kill germs and reduce fever, as well as aid treating type 2 diabetes, chronic fatigue syndrome, enlarged prostate, common colds, flu, heart disease, memory, metabolic syndrome, ulcers caused by H. pylori, scurvy, inflammation of the lining around the lung and cancer.
- Irish moss is used for coughs, bronchitis, tuberculosis and intestinal problems. Carrageenan, which is derived from Irish moss, contains chemicals that help decrease stomach and intestinal secretions.
- Parsley targets UTIs, kidney stones, gastrointestinal disorders, constipation, jaundice, flatulence, indigestion, colic, diabetes, cough, asthma, fluid retention, osteoarthritis, anemia, high blood pressure and prostate and spleen conditions.
- Spinach is used to treat stomach and intestinal complaints and fatigue, as well as a blood-builder and appetite stimulant.
- Asparagus is associated with irrigation therapy to increase urine output, and it is used to treat UTIs and other conditions of the urinary tract that cause pain and swelling. It is also used to treat rheumatism, hormone imbalances in women, dryness in the lungs and throat, constipation, neuritis, AIDS, cancer and diseases caused by parasites.
- Uva ursi can reduce bacteria in the urine and is used for urinary tract disorders, including infections of the kidney, bladder and urethra, inflammation of the urinary tract, increased urination, painful urination and urine that contains excess uric acid or other acids. It is also used for constipation and bronchitis.